Thursday, December 1, 2011

birthday.

I've been a terrible blogger. I apologize for my absenteeism.
Forgive me, ok - yesterday was my blasted birthday :)


29. Bam.


That happened. How did that happen? What have I been doing with these 29 years? I can honestly say now, "I've had that for 10 years." Or..."I haven't seen that person in 6 years...." Or... "Remember in '98...." (and it still feels like last year)


Time flies.


29 years of being Mauri....good, bad, happy, sad. But, mostly great.
I have been blessed far beyond what I deserve with a great husband, great family, great friends, great health, a great job, great co-workers, great fun, great wine, great food, great trips .....just grate!


As I cross over into my very last year of my 20s, I feel better than I have ever felt.
I'm more confident than I have ever been.
I am in a good place.
So, bring on the next 30!


gasp. 30 is close. ouch.


Que:
MAURI'S 30 BEFORE 30.
1. Blog on a weekly basis
2. Pay off all credit card debt
3. Olympic Distance Triathlon
4. Volunteer for a non-profit organization
5. Write a hand written letter to someone once a month
6. Slow down and enjoy every moment
7. Ride in the Jack and Back
8. Take an inexpensive road trip to a city I have never visited
9.  Read at least 4 books
10. Go on a multi-night backpacking trip
11. Perfect a signature dish
12. Complete a 1 month clean eating project
13. Successfully grow a garden
14. Practice Yoga
15. Pay for someone's meal behind me at Subway
16. Go to a Star Party
17. Picnic and watch the sun set with Justin at Love Circle 
18. Rock out at an outdoor music festival
19. Learn to use my DSLR camera
20. Take several Pure BarreAmped classes taught by my best friend
21. Attend a UT away game at an SEC school that I have yet to visit (my goal is to visit every SEC stadium, just not in one year)
22. Make a skirt/dress using my sewing machine
23. Shop less
24. Organize and scrapbook my photos
25. Take Justin on a surprise date
26. Become a shart shooter with my new shotgun
27. Host a proper dinner party
28. Have a proper physical
29. Run a sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon
30. Pray. Pray more often. Pray for friends. Pray for family. Pray for my husband.

1 comment:

The Doss Blog said...

No doubt you will accomplish everything on this list and more!! Especially #20 ;)
Love you to pieces and you have my support every step of the way!!!